Sei to soushi no yume
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New and Improved Randomness Room!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New and Improved Randomness Room!!! Empty The New and Improved Randomness Room!!!

Post by Infenyte Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:04 pm

The New and Improved Randomness Room!!! Screen10

Hello and Welcome to the randomness room!
My name is Petey and I am a Ninja-Pirate! Argh!

[insert total silence here]

Alright I am not then! But I want to be one! Anyways... sit down, watch some t.v., bake some evil cookies and what's most important chat about anything you want. All here in the Randomness Room!

Infenyte
Infenyte
The Immortal

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

The New and Improved Randomness Room!!! Empty Re: The New and Improved Randomness Room!!!

Post by Supensaa Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:38 pm

wah! you even posted my Randomness Room Theme Song! 0__o Maybe I should make a video of the piano version of of the song. Smile Btw, I also made a verse for the song. Now I need to invent some more. \(^ω^ \ )~( / ^ω^)/

Maybe you guys can help me think of some themes to make the random verses about. Wink I was also thinking about one on world domination... x3

EDIT:
I noticed that when clicking on "WHO IS ONLINE" on the home page we can see a map with the location of all online users. (including guests) A nice feature, but scary because the arrow representing me is exactly 500 meters away from my neighbor's garden (after zooming in)... 0__o I know the arrow just represents "Wassenaar", but it's still a bit frightening. :3 Would it be possible to make the feature members only? (meaning you have to log in to view the map)

Of course everyone may also give their views on the matter. Smile
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

The New and Improved Randomness Room!!! Empty Re: The New and Improved Randomness Room!!!

Post by Drake Heros Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Okay, I tried to disable this function, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. So I will try to disable it. But I can't guarantee it works.

Anyway! I love Japan, it ladguage and culture... But I am really really bad with all of it... So don't really expect me to write nor speak proper Japanese.

And yow!!! I just loooove WoW Twisted Evil
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male
Number of posts : 80

http://seitosoushinoyume.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:48 pm

Good morning *yawns*

WoW is awshum *nods* (^___^) Still want to try to RP on it some time. Razz

And tea is good.
Yume
Yume

Female
Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Anyone noticed today's top 20 posters? :3

#1. Yume - 1 post(s)
yeah, that's all.
xD

oh darn, now you can't see it because I'm ruining the chart! x3
now it's:
#1. Supensaa - 1 post(s)
#2. Yume - 1 post(s)
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Well, in that case I'm gonna ruin the chart even more. xD 2 posts for me today :3
Yume
Yume

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 pm

-Sigh- I wanna do more. But at the moment my mind is frozen. Literally.

AHH!!
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Infenyte Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:33 am

Did the legend maker got a bad case of a writersblock?

Thats seems almost impossible...Perhaps we can kill the writersblock with some good old fight to the death!

*snipping my fingers and a dozen minions come to my aid* Now I won't go playing fair, so I'll just sit back in this comfortable looking chair and watch you struggle against the might of my minions while I poke this Ninja-Pirate wannabe out of sheer villainy

ninja-pirate wannabe: Please stop that sir...sigh

(On a smaller note thougth, remember how I was busy with a voting off-contest on the other forum? Well...it stil continues. It is just something I really want to finish and I cannot sleep until I find out who will win. So be sure to check it once in the two weeks and vote!)
Infenyte
Infenyte
The Immortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 am

(Can't you just move the event over here? :3 Repost all your posts, put a link in the old version linking to the new, and continue your stuff here. That way you'll get more readers and votes. ^^)

And just thinking... shouldn't the basket be locked? Everyone can post in it now, and I believe the idea was to use it as a storage for old locked topics. Moderators should still be able to move old topics to a locked sub-forum, right?
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 pm

This is too fun, got to share! xD

I was reading this piece of Infy's post:
Infy wrote:Hello and welcome back to another adrenaline-filled thrilling episode of; Monastery Madness.
I am the host with the face more perfect then the Mona Lisa, Jason.
But because my brain was a bit tired from doing math I read the following instead:
Infy wrote:I am the host with the face more perfect then the Mona Lisa, Michael Jackson.
xDD

Apparently I read MonaLisa Jason as Michael Jackson >< You have to admit the two look alike xD And except for reading the text wrong, I was also reading the wrong text. xD Day 13 in stead of day 23. ><

dyslexia + tired = bad
xD
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Omg O.O That makes my tummy hurt! I laugh to much.

- Jumps aside when a minion dashed toward him -
O quit that! INFY! HELP!
- stops running, turns around and draw his sword -
INFY! Stop this madness!!
- Runs at half speed toward Infenyte's minions and slashes with the speed of light -
Why do they keep coming back?! You cursed them with evil maniac cookies? !!
- falls down on his chest and rolls aside, a javelin barely missed his arm. Drake jumps up and flies a little in the air, whispering words -
Esvanis Crusia Repairono
- Light appears from underneath Infy's minions but furthermore nothing happened -
O god no! Infy! You have stolen all their SOULS TOO!!
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Infenyte Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Ofcourse not! It is impossible to steal their souls!

I just robbed them from their manhood...thats all n_n.
And yes, I did fed them evil maniac cookie's. Now with 50% more rabies!!! Twisted Evil

On a side note, I was planning to change Denaugh Adventurers into a (very) small version of D&D roleplay. Something new I figured and after I played the Neverwinter Nights game (D&D game) I understand a little about it. Would that be intresting or not?
Infenyte
Infenyte
The Immortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am

Infenyte wrote:Ofcourse not! It is impossible to steal their souls!

I just robbed them from their manhood...thats all n_n.
lol xD

*gets ready to dodge any hits from Yume or Hyaru, even though he didn't say the word*
Oh, that's a reflex. Eheheh...
*relaxes pose*
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elernia Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Hmm, sorry people I was away.

The other forum I'm in was opened after new year and it was really busy time. I had to read character profiles, approve them, start RP threads with the people I had promised to and talk about the new plot with the admins so yes.. it was tough and I didn't have much time for anything else. But now I try to be around here a bit more and see how I can handle two forums at the same time. Razz First of all, all goes see those lovely RPs and decide if I join or not. ♥️
Elernia
Elernia
The Creator

Female
Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 am

Yay, Elernia is here again.

Now! What do we need to do to get this forum alive? Again it is quit, low on members and almost no posts. There must be something that can help us solve those problems?
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elernia Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Alright Drake. I thought about this over and over, and I finally came up with several things we have to do in order to get people here.

» First of all, you say you want people to advertise your forum. In the world of roleplay boards, however, each board wants to be credited, so there's a special deal; you advertise on their forum, they advertise on our forum. Conclusion: We need an ad-section.
» Second, most of the boards as not multi-roleplay. That makes us unique. Still, we need to improve the rules. Conclusion: We need to make the rules stricter.
» Third, which is very important. Who are we targeting? There's a bunch of mixed people out there, some looking for vampire RPs, some for normal high school RPs etc. Most people want an RP they can really get into. Especially the more experienced roleplayers look for big, lasting and tough roleplays, while beginners should start off with simple subjects and plots. Conclusion: There must be roleplays that are simple, intermediate and literate, one for each at least.
» The layout. The more impressing it is, the better. I know it's basically my job, but I'm still a bit lost with the system, since I've been working a lot with Proboards layouts lately. Conclusion: We need something impressing, which will get their attention.

Once I figure out more, I'll post them here. At least think about these. : P
Elernia
Elernia
The Creator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I say bring in the fun stuff! Very Happy Back in Life of Roleplay we used to be active for quite a while because everyone was so active in the spam section. :] In time we will also need more projects, games, and other things we can do to work together and enjoy ourselves. Make a community out of this place! Smile

And I'm not so sure about stricter rules yet. I think we should let the members go about freely at first, and then later we can add some more rules when we find it necessary. The thing I like about these forums is the freewheeling part. We have the space to do stuff together. Of course there would be some rules that should be altered or set, but I don't think I'll last too long here if I get the idea that the rules are too strict. It would make this forum just another thing in life where I have expectations to live up to, instead of being a place where I can come to relax, have fun with the other members, and forget about life for just a second.

And of course it's nice aiming for a bigger board, but I think we should first try to get this place up and running before focusing on expansion too much.

Well, that's my opinion. :] What have the others to say?
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elernia Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:36 pm

With the forum rules stricter I meant avoiding major trouble. >-< I think the biggest difference between this forum and the ones I'm in is the fact that there are some expectations and that members should take it seriously. I had no idea about how serious the work as a staff member was, until Drake's forum died and I became a staff at another site. It's like.. you're there to show how you should act, that we can have fun once we have certain rules set. Right now I have nothing against the rules here, but they could be made a bit more specific. I'm probably not the right person to give out my opinion, because I'm on such different forums and I take roleplay rather seriously, and because of those high expectations on most forums I managed to become better in roleplay. So I have high expectations for myself aswell, and in order to reach something, there has to be improvement. : P

And it's not just about the spam section. It actually makes me a bit disappointed that Life of Roleplay was living just because we kept hanging in the spam section. That meant the forum was basically already dead. My point is, it's not just about the spam and games. What forum is this? Anime, manga and game discussion place? Then it should be concentrated on that. Roleplay forum? Then we should concentrate on that. But spam games and randomness room in my mind has always been "extra". No offense.

I agree on actually making this place work. Drake should definitely be around a lot more in the beginning. : P We're all ready to help you, but don't count everything on us. You own the forums, and we count on you with the admin parts.

ALSO, as for the projects and games and other things, those will be a lot more fun when we actually get more people here. From the past forums, we've learned that they work and they are fun, so now we can try and get other people join it aswell. Very common is to vote for "member of the month" or "character of the month". People go crazy over that stuff. The games are yet again extra, if you meant spam games and stuff.

To come back to the first subject, that freedom part will turn out to be a problem later on, if we don't specify things now. The most awful thing is to make a member understand, that even if something wasn't said in the rules, it's still not right. I'm not that good in lecturing people, and that's why it's hard. In a community, there's problems, always. With stricter rules I didn't mean to forbid every freedom there's around here, so don't get the wrong idea.

Oh, what a serious post I have here. ♥️ pig
Elernia
Elernia
The Creator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Finally serious talks. Right Elernia and Supensaa are both right.

We need stricter, or better said more specific.

I also agree with Elernia about the Anime, Manga, Game section. It is all extra.It is fun, but not really needed.
For the roleplays. We need to come up with bigger things. I want members and staff to come up with ideas and make it possible to set-up some scenes.

For the reason I am not much online is because,
1. I'm lately not much at home
2. I want to much I can not make true on this forum
3. I lack imagination at the late days. Somehow I don't feel well enough to coke up with proper things. So I think I kinda hoped to much for other on it.

For the Ad-section. Elernia, you have rights. I allow you to do something with that. I am not really used to make such a section, I only make arrangements. Maybe you could tell me more about all of it.

With the lay-out. I tried to do something with it, but until now I had no real success. And yeah, it may be up to Elernia, but it is not totally her responsibility. I am also a part of it. Don't you forget that. We work together on this. I told you before. The way of working with Proboards is also here possible. I told you that. So if you would like, I make it the same version.

So for all members already active here. Please come up with ideas and new stuff. I am all ears, and Elernia has the same rights as me, because of several reasons.

I hope for all of your cooperation. Greetings Drake.
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:53 pm

@ Elernia: Yeah, I get it. I jumped to conclusions. >.<
But I still think spammish stuff is imortant. It's the what keeps members interacting and gives them recreation. The reason I still hang out at the forums I hang out now, is for a big deal because of the discussions, random talking and little fun things. :]
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 pm

I have a little lay-out thing to add too.

I think these forums are too big. With that, I mean that it doesn't fit nicely in my screen and I have to scroll a lot, which is irritating. I had the same problem with Life of Roleplay, btw. It was one of the reasons the forum I made after that was smaller.
One thing to solve this is to shorten the "How-to-Roleplay section". Sure, it may be nice for people who are new to roleplaying, but since generally there are also a lot of more experienced players, I don't think it is necessary to make it so large. I think that you can easily fit it in one board. And, to back up my point some more, the "How-to-Roleplay" section in Life of Roleplay wasn't used as much either.

This is my opinion on it, feel free to try and convince me otherwise.
Yume
Yume

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:21 pm

I made it that big because of the many people I know, that do not know how to roleplay. I want people to see it is possible to learn and made easy for them. Indeed it has a big lay-out. But fitting it into a smaller one is hard. How do you suggest to make it smaller, including the how to roleplay part?
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yume Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, nothing really has to be shorten, except the how-to-roleplay section. If you fit that one into two boards it would be smaller already.

How to do that is quite easy. Make two boards: one for the information, one for assignments. Most of the boards have only one topic in them anyway. The only things you need to make topics for, are the assignments. So, if you make one board with all the lessons in it, you can tell people to post their answers in the second board.

That would be the most simple solution, I think.
Yume
Yume

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Supensaa Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Btw, can't you use sub-forums? If so, you could put introductions and calender events in one forum each and put them in the society section. You would also be able to put the how to roleplay classes into one forum in the "rolepay category" section.
Supensaa
Supensaa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Heros Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 pm

I am already looking into it.
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker [Admin]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum